Monday, November 2, 2009

Newseum Love

Recently the program I am in, Washington Journalism Center took all nine of us to the Newseum. Now I have been to many museums while in DC. Some cool and some interesting but none held my attention as this one museum. Finally, I have found a museum that intrigued me, challenged me, and inspired me.

One the sixth floor of the museum, you can take your picture to over look the Capitol building. This is one of the better pictures taken of our group.

I found it sad and yet humorous women were once banned from entering the Press Club...especially since I work there currently.

My new favorite phrase.

The Newseum has a lot of great films in it but my favorite was the 4-D film on the history of news. Naturally the glasses were a big hit.

My roommate and I loved the news studio we got to tour.

The Newseum is definitely a must see when in DC for just about anyone concerned with freedom, American history, politics, oh and news. It made me cry (seriously I don't the 9/11 film could be any more touching), laugh, and broke (the bookstore loved me).

The best thing I got to take away from the Newseum experience? Well let me show you...


This is my new gem to my collection...

No comments:

Post a Comment